Express Warranties - Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to the warranties under Australian consumer law Container Monkey Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 30 802 314 070), trading as 2 Degrees AU, as the importer and/or manufacturer offers the further warranties in this Warranty Card subject to the terms and conditions set out herein.
The warranties in this Warranty Card are provided to the original purchaser who acquires the product for their own use (the consumer) and not for resale or resupply. Claims under this Warranty Card cannot be made by anyone other than the consumer.
The warranty covers only the repair of the defective part or the provision of a spare part to replace the defective part and does not include the removal of the defective part or the installation of the repaired or replaced part.
1. Warranty Periods: Residential
Subject to the exclusions in section 3, 2 Degrees AU warrants that the below products which are provided for any consumers who use the products supplied by 2 Degrees AU in any residential home will be free from defects of materials or workmanship for the periods specified below, with the below periods commencing on the date of purchase.
Stainless steel tapware
All other tapware incl chrome, black, chrome and white
2. Warranty Periods: Commercial
Subject to the exclusions in section 3, 2 Degrees AU warrants that the below products which are provided for any consumers who use the products supplied by 2 Degrees AU other than in a residential home (for example hotels, aged care facilities, hospitals, schools, factories, motels) will be free from defects of materials or workmanship for the periods specified below, with the below periods commencing on the date of purchase.
All other tapware incl chrome, black, chrome and white
3. Warranty Exclusions
Subject always to any overriding obligation pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the above warranties shall not apply where:
- The consumer is not able to provide proof of purchase or equivalent documentation which confirms that the relevant product was purchased from 2 Degrees AU.
- The relevant products are not installed by a licensed plumber and in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions. In particular:
- other devices must not be fitted to the outlet of tapware or tap (for example water filters, except where the tap is designed to have a water filter installed)
- non-approved water flow regulating devices must not be fitted
- outlet aerator inserts must be regularly cleaned and replaced
- The relevant product requires repairs due to damage resulting from accident, misuse (including use for incorrect applications), incorrect installation, cleaning or maintenance, unauthorised modification, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories or exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions, adhesives or sealants.
- The defective part relates to a consumable part of the product which requires routine replacement (for example the aerator).
- The product(s) are exposed to environmental elements.
- The relevant products are exposed to water pressures and or temperatures that exceed the following limitations:
- Maximum Temperature: 75 degrees
- Maximum Pressure: 500kPa
- Minimum Temperature: 0 degrees
- Minimum Pressure: 150kPa / 300kPa for Shower/Bath Diverters. Note: AS/NSZ 3500.1-2003 (Clause 3.3.4) specifies 500kPa maximum water supply pressure at any outlet within a building for new installations
- Showers may not be suitable for use within:
- Gravity-fed water systems
- Some instantaneous hot water systems
- Pressure supply less than 150kPa
- Damage occurs from obstructions due to inadequate flushing of system before use.
- Services or repairs with non-standard replacement parts have been previously undertaken without 2 Degrees AU’s written approval.
- Damage to finishes which arises from mishandling and tools, either during or post installation.
- Failure to observe manufacturers care and cleaning instructions as set out below in section 7.
Any work carried out in relation to a warranty claim is limited to the pre-approved scope of work. Additional work will require authorisation from 2 Degrees AU.
4. How to make a claim
Consumers may make a claim by contacting 2 Degrees AU firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a valid claim, a consumer must:
- Lodge the claim with us as soon as possible and no later than 10 Business Days after they first become aware of the issue.
- Provide reasonable proof of purchase.
- Provide details relating to the proposed warranty claim.
Claims will be processed through 2 Degrees AU’s Customer Service.
5. Warranty claims
If a consumer makes a valid claim and none of the exclusions set out in section 3 apply, 2 Degrees AU will, at its discretion, either:
- repair or replace the relevant part of the product, or
- replace the product with a product of identical specification or where the product is superseded or no longer in stock, with a product of as close a specification as possible.
Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products of the same type and condition rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products. 2 Degrees AU will not be liable for any claims for labour, additional products or parts associated with alleged faulty product for work not approved in writing, in advance by 2 Degrees AU.
2 Degrees AU requires adequate access to products, fittings and fixtures to undertake warranty repairs. We will not be responsible for any damage or costs (including any consequential damage or costs) where adequate access to product fittings and fixtures is not provided.
6. Costs of warranty claim
Should any warranty claim be made and, in the opinion of 2 Degrees AU or a 2 Degrees AU authorised agent the problem was from faulty installation or from some cause other than a manufacturing defect to the products for which 2 Degrees AU is responsible, 2 Degrees AU retains the right to charge a service fee for each service staff attending the consumer’s premise where products have been installed.
7. Tapware and Accessories - Care and Cleaning Instructions
- Under no circumstances should tapware be installed using acetone silicones.
- Never use harsh detergents, citrus based cleaners or abrasive cleaners, on any products as these will scratch the surface.
- Where your tapware remains dry in use, a soft cloth can be used to remove surface dust. Alternatively, a wipe over with warm soapy water is all that is required to maintain the finish in perfect condition for a lifetime of use. Never use scourers, brushes or any abrasive type products as these will scratch the surface.
- Use of wax based furniture cream should be avoided as this can result in a build-up of deposits, which could detract from the appearance.
- Do not use undue pressure when wiping.
8. Person giving the Express Warranties
The person who gives the express warranties in this warranty card:2 Degrees AU (ABN 30 802 314 070)
PO Box 357, Leederville, WA 6903
+61 420 300 736
Note: 2 Degrees AU reserves the right to alter, or amend this warranty offer in writing at any time. 2 Degrees AU reserves the right to provide minor components (e.g. handles, aerators, buttons, dress rings, hinges, clips, rod and washers) as ‘Parts Only’ to the customer.
This warranty is correct as at 1 March 2017.